Gynaecomastia is a common medical condition, where tender breast tissue grows under the nipples. It is usually caused by a hormone imbalance during puberty and usually disappears without treatment within a couple of years. All men have breast tissue, but some have excessive breasts. Gynaecomastia – more commonly known as man boobs, occurs when excess fat develops in a man’s breast area.
What causes Gynaecomastia:
- Puberty – When during puberty, boys’ hormone levels vary.
- Hormone imbalance – An imbalance between the sex hormones testosterone and oestrogen can cause Gynaecomastia.
- Obesity – Being excessively overweight can increase levels of oestrogen, which can cause breast tissue to grow.
- Newborn baby boys – It can possibly affect baby boys, as oestrogen passes through the placenta from the mother to the baby.
- Older age – Older men tend to have more body fat and this produces more oestrogen.
Sufferers of Gynaecomastia thankfully no longer have to live with this excess fatty tissue in the breast area, which causes embarrassment and can knock body confidence. It’s a treatable condition and male breast reduction procedures can offer exceptional results and have a positive impact on self-image.
Ways to treat Gynaecomastia:
- Diet – it’s important to adhere to a well-balanced diet, as you will eventually lose some weight which could somehow help to reduce the size of your man boobs.
- Exercise – exercising regularly is another way to help get rid of man boobs. Exercise can help you to lose a variable amount of weight, which will also reduce the size of your man boobs.
- Gynaecomastia Pills – due to advancement in technology, there are several effective medications that can help effectively get rid of man boobs.
- Vaser Lipo – is a highly efficient, yet minimally invasive fat removal procedure. It uses ultrasound technology to break down the fat before gently removing it, permanently.
Vaser Lipo is the most gentle and powerful form of liposuction available today. The area to be liposuctioned is flooded with local anaesthetic via very tiny and carefully made incisions. Ultrasound is delivered using thin, solid Vaser probes which breaks up and emulsifies the fat. It’s then removed from the body using the Vaser canulas. It’s a relatively quick procedure, taking about two to three hours.
- Procedure time – about 2-3 hours
- Downtime – 1 Day
- Back to work – within 3-5 days
- Duration of results – permanent
- Anaesthetic – local
- Results – are seen immediately, but 3-6 months for complete results.
Vaser lipo can help you to get the desired result, which otherwise is not likely even with strict diet and exercise.
It is a great treatment which will re-sculpt and refine your body without the need for general anaesthetic. Selectively removing the unwanted breast fat and creating a flatter, firmer and more masculine-looking chest.